Nepal Bank Limited, The first bank of Nepal was established in November 15, 1937 A.D (Kartik, 30, 1994). It was formed under the principle of Joint venture (Joint venture between govt. & general public). NBL's authorized capital was Rs. 10 million & issued capital Rs. 2.5 million of which paid-up capital was Rs. 842 thousand with 10 shareholders. The bank has been providing banking through its branch offices in the different geographical locations of the country.
"Pioneer Bank with customer service excellence"
Mission Statement: BEST
- Building trusted and united customer relationship
- Ensuring superior quality customer service
- Service access to all
- Technology driven SMART banking service
- Honesty, transparency, integrity and ethics
- Respect to customers and respect to fellow associates
- Learning and knowledge sharing
- Teamwork, ownership and accountability
- Contribute to society and environment
Nepal Bank Limited has the following objectives:
- Focus on building the positive net worth and meeting minimum capital requirement over the coming five years.
- Focus on increasing the customer base and market share.
- Maximize the potential/efficiency of bank's staff.
- Focus on minimizing the risk associated with the business.
- Focus on providing the world class business solutions.
- Focus on increasing the sustainable profit.
NBL Network Overview
||Government of Nepal
Province wise branches
No of Branches
|Province 4 (Gandaki)
|Province 6 (Karnali)
|Total no of Branches*
No. of Staff: 2129 (As of May 23, 2019)
No. of computerized branches: 163
Branches under single computer network: 163 (As of Jun 7, 2019)
Composition of Board Of Directors
The Board of Directors of Nepal Bank Limited is chaired by Mr. Basudev Adhikari, representative from Ministry of Finance. 5 members are appointed by Ministry of Finance.